is situated in the Church of The Holy Sepulchre at Holborn Viaduct, London.
The chapel is situated at the south side of the church and lined with carved panels bearing the names of deceased members of the regiment. The kneelers and many of the chairs are donated by organisations and friends of the regiment. The chapel is dominated by the Great East Window designed by Mr G E R Smith of the A K Nicholson Stained Glass Studio. It consists of four upper lights with religious themes and four lower lights showing St Paul, Patron Saint of soldiers together with depictions of the home of the regiment, The Tower of London, and a Fusilier in full dress uniform. An ornamental border records the regiment's Battle Honours. The tracery lights bear coats of arms of The Earl of Dartmouth, first Colonel and The Duke of Marlborough, second Colonel.
Since amalgamation with other regiments in 1968 to form The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers the Chapel is also used for some RRF events taking place in London. The ground to the north side of the church is laid out as the Regimental Garden of Remembrance. The Memorial to members of the regiment killed in action is a statue of a First World War Fusilier erected outside the Prudential Building in Holborn Bars, London. The Chairman of the Chapel committee is a retired officer of the regiment, Colonel Dudding.
Chapel Committee Chairman
Colonel Dudding., Chairman of The Royal Fusiliers Memorial Chapel Committee.
In 1946 it was agreed that the Regimental Chapel would be within the Church of St Sepulchre's about 450 yards east of the Regimental War Memorial in Holborn Bars, London. A committee was formed to raise the necessary funds and the late Sir Charles Nicholson engaged to design the general layout of the chapel including the floor, altar, reredos, wall panelling and lectern.
On Sunday 11th June 1950 serving regular and TA members of The Royal Fusiliers headed by Colour Parties bearing 18 sets Colours of the regular and TA units of the regiment formed up on the parade ground at HM Tower of London prepared to exercise the Royal Fusiliers ancient privilege of marching through the City of London with 'drums beating, Colours flying and bayonets fixed'. Met by the mounted City Marshall at the city boundary they halted and demanded passage as was their right and, having received leave to proceed, continued to St Sepulchre's for the dedication service conducted by the Chaplain General to the Forces.
The Regimental Chapel was dedicated in the presence of HRH The Duchess of Kent, widow of a former Colonel-in Chief, The Duke of Kent, The Lord Mayor, Sheriffs and Aldermen of the City of London and many other dignataries and Fusiliers of all ranks.
St Sepulchre's, as the church is widely known, stands at the eastern end of Holborn Viaduct and at the corner of Giltspur Street so called because knights wearing gilt spurs rode that way to tournaments and other feats of arms held at Smithfield close by. It is the largest church in the City of London being internally 150 feet long and, with the addition of St Stephen's Chapel on the north side, 81 feet wide. The earliest authentic notice of the church is of the year 1178 when it was given by Roger, Bishop of Sarum, to the Prior and Canons of St Bartholomew's. The bells of this fine church are referred to as the 'Bells of Old Bailey' in the nursery rhyme 'Oranges and Lemons'. Old Bailey is situated just north-east of the church.
St Sepulchre's was badly damaged by the Great Fire of London in 1666 with restoration beginning in 1667 and completed in 1670. The church was fortunate to suffer only minor damage in the blitz of the second world war. The interior is divided into three aisles by two rows of Tuscan columns on either side upon some of which are displayed Royal Fusiliers regimental colours laid up in the church.