The Memorial, situated outside the Prudential Insurance Company building at Holborn Bars, takes the form of a 16ft 6ins pedestal of Portland stone below an 8ft 6ins bronze figure of a Royal Fusilier dressed for battle in the First World War. It was commissioned by the regiment in July 1920 at a cost of £3,000 and designed and produced by the sculptor Mr Albert Toft who died in 1950. The model for the figure was Sergeant Cox of The Royal Fusiliers and the memorial was unveiled on 4th November 1922 by The Right Honourable, The Lord Mayor. The figure stands in a war-like pose with rifle and bayonet in the 'on guard' position as if defending the entrance to the city.
Each year on Remembrance Day, the nearest Sunday to November 11th, members of the regiment, serving and retired, assemble at the War Memorial for a parade and a short service before marching to St Sepulchre's for the Remembrance Day service. The parade is led by musicians of the regiment followed by distinguished retired officers at the head of regimental veterans and their standards. The remainder of the parade consists of regular army Fusiliers when duties permit, the Fusiliers of the Territorial Army, the Combined Cadet Force and the Army Cadet Force. As the parade passes over Holborn Viaduct the salute is taken by the Deputy Colonel of the Regiment (City of London).
After the Remembrance Day Service members of the regiment make their way to Fusiliers House, the Territorial Army Drill Hall at Balham, for their annual re-union.